Large hot tubs and spas are making a come back as evident by the number of manufacturers releasing bigger, higher occupancy hot tub models. There are some nice benefits of owning a large hot tub. Some of those things include;
- More Seating Space – a standard 7 foot or 8 foot hot tubs fits between 4-6 people comfortably. Sure you can fit as many as 8 people crammed into an 8 foot hot tub with all bench seating (no lounger) but it isn’t comfortable and you better like the people your sardined in there with. An 8′ x 9′ hot tub or 8′ x 11′ hot tub is much more comfortable and spacious if you plan on entertaining a lot or if you have a big family.
- More Footwell Space – many people look at a 7′ or 8′ square hot tub and, at first glance, think they are “big” but the reality is that when you actually get 4 adults sitting in the spa it starts to feel a lot smaller. More importantly, the precious real estate in the hot tub isn’t always the seating it’s the footwell space. Footwell are typically 3′ in diameter which isn’t a lot of space when you get four sets of legs in there (or more). You legs get tangled and next thing you know you are playing footsies with the person across from you. Larger hot tubs tend to be rectangular and the footwell becomes much larger making it more comfortable with all of those legs in there.
- Mini Pool – an 8′ x 9′ hot tub or 8′ x 11′ hot tub starts to feel like a small pool which is especially nice if you have lots of children. You can drop the temperature down to about 80-90 degrees during the summer months and it becomes a nice little plunge pool.
We’ve compiled a comprehensive list of brands offering large hot tub models for reference;
- Artesian Spas -“Bimini Hot Tub” – the Bimini is an 8′ x 11′ hot tub which is one of the largest in its class offering seating for 10 people and two lounge seats. It also features two neck and shoulder massage seats.
- Artesian Spas -“Isla Margarita Hot Tub” – the Isla Margarita is an 8′ x 9′ hot tub with seating for up to 9 people. It features one lounger and one neck and shoulder massage seat. What we like most is the bench feature in this spa because it is a great use of space.
- Artesian Spas -“South Seas “965L Hot Tub” – the 965L is an 8′ x 9′ hot tub that is probably one of the best value, large hot tubs on the market. It has seating for 8 people and a huge footwell.
- Jacuzzi Hot Tubs –“J-495 Hot Tub” – the J-495 is pure elegance. It’s an 8′ x 9′ hot tub with seating for up to 9 people. It’s a non lounger unit which fully maximizes the seating capacity and makes this a great option for entertaining.
- Bullfrog Spas -“A9L Hot Tub” – the A9L was recently introduced in 2019 and is a well appointed 8′ x 9′ hot tub that can seat up to 8 adults. It features one lounger. It also boasts 7 jet packs which is the most of any Bullfrog Hot Tub. With 17 interchangeable jet pack options available from Bullfrog you are sure to find the winning combo that is right for you.
- Hotspring Spas -“Limelight Prism” Hot Tub – the Prism is beautifully sculpted hot tub that measures 8′ x 9′ and has seating for up to 7 adults. It features one lounger and generous footwell.
- American Whirlpool Spas– “982 Hot Tub” – Measuring 8′ x 11′ the 982 is one of the largest hot tub on this list. The 982 has seating for up to 10 occupants and features two lounger and two sets of neck and shoulder therapy jets.
- Caldera Spa – Cantabria Hot Tub – Another 8′ x 9′ model, the Cantabria is the largest hot tub in the Caldera Spas lineup and is part of the Utopia Series. The Cantabria spa features one lounger and seating for up to 8 people.
- Sundance Spas – “Maxxus Hot Tub” and “Aspen Hot Tub” – Sundance Spas has taken a very direct approach to the large hot tub market but offering an 8′ x 9′ hot tub with a lounger and without a lounger. The Maxxus is their single lounger version and the Aspen is their no lounger version for buyers who want to maximize seating capacity. These both well appointed, high end spas for the discerning buyer.
- Coast Spas – Mirage Hot Tub – As part of the Curve Collection of hot tubs the Mirage is an 8′ x 11′ hot tub with seating for up to 8 people. The spa is available in four different jet packages which allows a buyer to scale up or down based on their needs and budget.
For more information on how to research and compare large hot tubs before purchasing please visit our hot tub buyer’s guide pages. You can also click on the pink boxes at the top right of every page to get a free local quotes from dealers in your area.
One thought on “Large Hot Tubs”