The hot tub industry, like any industry, has come up with some standards and specifications that manufacturers have conformed too over the years. One of those things being standard sizes. Hot tubs come in the following industry standard sizes;
- 5′ x 7′ – these can vary between 60″-68″ inches in width and between 80″-86″ inches in length depending on that brand. These spas are designed for 2-3 people.
- 7′ x 7′ – these vary between 80″-86″ in width and length (square). These spas are designed for 4-6 people depending on the seating configuration.
- 8′ x 8′ – eight foot hot tub are never a true eight foot. They vary between 90″-94″ in width and length (square). These spas are designed for 5-7 people depending on the seating configuration.
The three sizes referenced above are general sizes, however, the actual dimensions vary within a few inches of those dimensions from one brand to the next. More importantly, the sizes referenced above are the most common in the industry and almost every one of the nearly hundred brands across the country offer hot tub models in the three sizes above.
There are less common sizes available however they can be harder to find because fewer brands make them. Here are a few;
- Round – these spas range between 72″-84″ in diameter. These spas are designed for between 3-5 people.
- 6′ x 6′ – these vary between 72″-78″ square. These spas are designed for between 3-4 people.
- 8′ x 9′ – the size definitely falls in the large hot tub category. These spas are designed for between 6-8 people.
- 8′ x 11″ – this is easily the largest hot tub there is out in the industry and very few manufacturers even offer it. These spas are designed for between 7-9 people.
- Corner – the spas are triangular in shape and are typically 6′ long on the 90 degree side. These spas are designed for between 2-3 people.
Hot tub sizes and shapes matter more and more as homes and backyards get smaller or when people want to downsize. If you take your time and research there’s definitely a hot tub out there that will meet your needs and/or requirements.
For more information on how to research and compare hot tubs before purchasing please visit our hot tub buyer’s guide pages. You can also click on the pink boxes at the top right of every page to get a free local quotes from dealers in your area.
2 thoughts on “Hot Tub Sizes”