Looking for a hot tub or swim spa and don’t know where to start? Or, trying to pick a hot tub but your head is spinning from information overload? Let us help take some of the pressure off by giving you a simple checklist of things to consider before making a purchase:
- Buy a Reputable Brand of Hot Tub or Swim Spa – view our Top 10 Hot Tub Brands List or view our piece on “The Biggest and Best Hot Tub Manufacturers”
- Buy from a Local, Reputable Hot Tub Dealer or Retailer – our piece on “What to Look For in a Hot Tub Dealer” is a great read.
- Look “Under the Hood” to Ensure Quality Materials Are Used – you can refer to our buyer’s guide section for a deeper dive into this piece
- Sit In The Hot Tub – comfort and fit is a huge part of a hot tubbing experience. I mean you wouldn’t buy a couch without sitting on it or buy a bed without laying on it? You should always sit inside the hot tub to ensure that you’re comfortable because if it feels good dry then it’s going to feel even better when it filled with water.
- Wet Test The Hot Tub or Swim Spa– We highly recommend wet testing a hot tub before buying if you want to know exactly what you’re getting. The same goes for a swim spa. Much like test driving a car, a hot tub wet test let’s you have the full experience of owning that particular brand/product and the kind of performance you can expect.
For more information on how to research and compare hot tubs or swim spas before purchasing please visit our hot tub buyer’s guide pages. You can also click on the pink boxes at the top right of every page to get a free local quotes from dealers in your area. Or click our “Spa Buyer’s Consult” link above to get one on one expert advice on the best hot tubs available in your area.