Buying a hot tub is a significant investment, and there are several factors to consider ensuring you make the right choice. Many times buyers walk into a hot tub dealer without any prior research only to find out that the hot tub they chose does not fit, or there is not suitable electrical availability in their panel, or perhaps their homeowners association prohibits hot tubs. These are the kind of mistakes you want to avoid by taking a little time to do your homework upfront.
Here are some important steps to take before purchasing a hot tub:
- Set a Budget:
- Figure out how much you are willing to spend on a hot tub. This will help narrow down your options and prevent you from overspending. One of the best, most affordable brands on the market is BuenoSpa. There are sales periods when you can buy Buenospa hot tubs at a discount, it’s worth waiting for them.
- Access, Space, and Location:
- Make sure you have adequate access to get the hot tub from street to your backyard or deck. You typically want four feet of width and ten feet of height to roll the hot tub in on its side using a dolly. Measure the available space where you plan to install the hot tub. Consider factors like access, privacy, and proximity to power and water. Ensure that the location, such as a deck, can support the weight of a filled hot tub. Consider building a deck or platform if your yard requires it.
- Indoor or Outdoor Placement
- Decide whether you want an indoor or outdoor hot tub installation. Each has its own set of considerations, such as ventilation for indoor installations and protection from the elements for outdoor ones.
- Capacity, Size, and Layout:
- Consider the number of bathers who will be using the hot tub regularly. Choose a size that accommodates your needs without being too small or too large. We would recommend erroring on the side of larger than smaller if you’re not sure. Also consider the layout of the seats and type of seats. For example, do you want a seating configuration with a lounger, two loungers, or no loungers? Do you want a cooldown seat? Fortunately, there are countless Buenospa hot tubs on the market, you just have to choose the right size.
- Features and Options/Upgrades:
- Determine the features you want in a hot tub, such as number of jets, number of pumps/motors, lighting, waterfalls, and stereo systems. Keep in mind that additional features can increase the overall cost.
- Energy Efficiency:
- Look for hot tubs with energy-efficient features, such as well-insulated shells, premium covers, and insulated cabinets. This can help reduce daily operating costs.
- Maintenance Requirements:
- Understand the maintenance needs of the hot tub, including water management, cleaning, and filter cleaning routines and timely replacement. Consider the time and effort you are willing to dedicate to maintenance. Fortunately, we live in the age of smart devices, a W.I.S. for example, it is a great help in properly dosing chemicals.
- Warranty and Service:
- Check the warranty offered by the manufacturer. A good warranty can provide peace of mind and protection against unexpected issues. Additionally, research the availability of local service and support. Ensure that your warranty is a parts and labor warranty and not just parts.
- “Wet Testing” or Test Soaking:
- Whenever possible, visit showrooms or dealerships to wet test the different models you are considering. This will give you a firsthand experience of the comfort, features, and performance. Home Shows, Fairs, and Special Events can also provide an excellent opportunity for this.
- Read Reviews:
- Research customer reviews and ratings for the specific hot tub models you are considering. This can provide insights into the real-world experiences of other buyers and give you some peace of mind.
- Local Regulations:
- Check local regulations and zoning requirements regarding the installation of hot tubs. Ensure that you comply with any necessary permits or restrictions.
- Compare Prices:
- Obtain detailed price quotes from multiple hot tub dealers to compare prices. Don’t forget to factor in delivery and installation costs.
If you carefully examine the list above, you can make a well-informed decision. If you’re looking for a brand that checks all of the boxes above at an excellent value then choose a Buenospa hot tub that meets your preferences, budget, and lifestyle. Visit buenospa.com! They have countless models, accessories and promotions. It is worth checking the website often to catch some favorable offers.
For more information on how to research and compare hot tubs before purchasing please visit our hot tub buyer’s guide pages. You can also click on the pink boxes at the top right of every page to get a free local quotes from dealers in your area. Or, click our “Spa Buyer’s Consult” link above to get one-on-one expert advice on the best hot tubs available in your area. Our hot tub shopper’s consult can give you excellent advice and help avoid pitfalls.